let's save animals together!
Pet Adoption Center
Save the Animals is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The adoption center is dedicated to placing unwanted, abused, abandoned, and stray animals into permanent, loving homes. Please note: Our Adoption center is only available at our Windcrest branch.
Pet Adoption Center
We believe that all animals deserve a happy life with someone that will love and take care of them – maybe that’s you! We strive to make the adoption process simple yet thorough. Please read on to learn more about the adoption process.
Our Pet Adoption Process
- Check out our family – Click here to view our pets or visit our hospital for an up-close and personal look at our family of pets in need. Just be sure to schedule an appointment for a meet and greet.
- Application – Complete our application, so we have all the necessary info needed for a stress-free and safe adoption process. Click here for a printable copy of the application.
- Interview/Meet and Greet – Meet with our adoption center director, Angie Taylor, who will ask you a series of questions to ensure your new pet will be a good fit for your family. Both you and your prospective pet will have a chance to get acquainted and find out if you might be a perfect match. If not, you will have the opportunity to meet with other pets that may be a better fit.
- One-week trial – Adopting a pet is a serious commitment. That’s why we offer a trial period for you and your pet to get to know each other and learn if you’re a perfect fit.
- Adoption Day – We will check in with you after your one-week trial period to be sure you and your new pet are adjusting well. At that point, if you decide to make it official, you will pay the adoption fee of $100, which goes back to the adoption center to provide food, shelter, and medical care for our adoptable.
Contact Angie Taylor, our director, at 302-998-2995 or email@example.com for more details about adopting a pet at our center. Check out our Featured Pet of the Month below—and others available in the Wilmington, Delaware area at PetFinder.com.
Donate to Save the Animals through AmazonSmile!
You shop, and Amazon gives.
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Save The Animals Organization.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Click here to support Save The Animals by starting your shopping now!
Our non-profit adoption center is located in Windcrest Animal Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware and was created in memory of a former employee and pre-veterinary student, Kathy Rinneer.