Ready for your trip?

Pet Travel Information

If you plan to travel out of the country with your pet, you will need a health certificate for the country you are going to. Otherwise, you will be denied entry with your pet.

Schedule Appointment

Access Portal

Information on

Traveling Abroad with Your Pet

You can check the USDA APHIS Pet Travel page for more information. Windcrest Animal Hospital is accredited by the Department of Agriculture to examine your pet and complete the required health certificate. The certificate will also need to be endorsed by the USDA before travel. If you have questions about travel, contact the USDA by email:

There may be additional requirements depending on the destination country. Please make sure to check with your airline for their requirements for travel.

Click here to view or print a document from the USDA APHIS with information on the steps you need to take in order to travel with your pet.

Other Pet Travel Resources

Traveling with Pets – The USDA provides information necessary for traveling with your pets, including vaccination requirements, alerts, etc. It also provides information about International Health Certificate requirements and links to various nations so you can see their requirements.

Traveling by Car or Truck with Pets – Taking the family pet along for the ride is a part of families’ vacation plans across the nation. These trips can be quite memorable and enjoyable—but only if you take the proper safety precautions for your animals. This guide will help you travel safely and comfortably with your favorite pet.

Pet Travel Information Form

Please fill out this form as completely and accurately as possible so we can get to know you and your pet(s) before your visit. If this is an emergency, or if your pet needs urgent care, please call us at 302-998-2995 for a faster response.